|People like to upgrade their skillset for a whole range of reasons. Some like to get recognition for the skills they've developed at work.|
Some to get a promotion or change their career.
|Businesses often sponsor their employees to undertake training as a way of improving productivity and retaining a skilled workforce.|
Whatever your motivation, Skillset has a range of nationally recognised qualifications to meet your needs. We also have a range of study options available that you can undertake at your workplace, at our training centres, or online.
Once you've decided what your interested in, contact one of our friendly Workforce Development Consultants, who will talk with you about how to get started.
|Industries you might consider include:|
- Horticulture - the cultivation of animals, plants, fungi and other life forms for food, fibre, and other products used to sustain life.
- Business - a diverse range of industries and occupations, both as a discrete industry, as well as functions and services supporting the commercial activities of all industries. This industry is very large, dynamic and growing.
- Community Services - The Community Services and Health Industry Council reports that within the next 10-15 years over 60% of people currently employed in community services and health are going to retire. There is consequently a very large demand for skilled workers in this sector.
- Hospitality - commonly defined as the provision of food, beverage, catering, gaming and accommodation services for the consumer.
- Retail - is made up of three main sub-divisions: food retailing, personal and household goods and motor vehicle servicing and retailing.
- Training and Assessment - is made up of three main sub-divisions: food retailing, personal and household goods and motor vehicle servicing and retailing.
- Warehousing - this industry is often referred to as the supply chain. From the food on our table to the clothes on our back to the fuel in the family car; the supply chain plays a vital role in getting the right goods to the right place at the right time.
- Water - Training in Water Operations provides pathways for a diverse range of people working in water organisations across the nation.